I mean, I started blogging in 2017. So obviously it was a fantastic year for you guys.
Not at all horrible and annoying. And not at all a mess.
But in 100% honesty, 2017 was such a mess generally, in terms of my blogging consistently.
Just look at this:
DO YOU SEE THAT. THAT IS THE MARK OF SOMEONE WHO BLOGS SPORADICALLY.
I literally stared at this for a minute before I realized that the weeks are organized vertically, not horizontally.
I have a lot to talk about regarding 2017, so I’m definitely going to do multiple posts (maybe 3??), including my goals for 2018 and all of my reading stats for 2017. I’m not sure how I’m going to do the reading stats one yet because I didn’t log any of my books into Excel but IT’S OKAY.
I’m just ignoring all of these because I didn’t post during these months so OBVIOUSLY YOU DON’T CARE and I don’t remember anything anyways
Hey hey hey this is the month I started blogging, so obviously… a great and momentous month, am I… right?
- My first post ahhhhhh! It was called “A List of My Reading Phases” and it was so cringy and horrible and thank god I’m not like that now. MY TEXT WAS SO CONDENSED and fetus Julianna copy & pasted the text from Dropbox Paper, because I really liked to write on Dropbox Paper for some reason??
- This is where I started to do Writing Updates!! And I’ve continued with the series… never. BUT HONESTLY IF I KEPT DOING WRITING UPDATES THEY WOULD JUST BE BLANK BECAUSE I HAVEN’T WRITTEN IN FOREVER.
- I made blogging friends // Mikaela, May,
MahriyaIlsa, Jackie, Lia, Analee are some of the few that I remember literally just because I linked to those people in my recap. (So if I was friends with you but I didn’t mention you here, it probably was just because I couldn’t find any discussion posts by you or something.)
- I “revamped” my blog to the ugly mess that it is right now. GUYS DON’T WORRY I HAVE SOMETHING KIND OF BIG (?) PLANNED IN LIKE A MONTH OR SOMETHING. You’ll all see *pokes you in the eye*
- Also apparently I counted “learning about changing text colors” as an accomplishment, so if you were wondering, that’s where I am in my life at all times considering achievements.
- In my recap I spelled “glo-up” as “gloup” and I read that as “gloop” and I was like “WHAT GLOOP?? WHAT GLOOP??” until I remembered my cringy joke.
- Also this one person poured a water bottle on me on the stairs and I was very salty.
- I went to BookCon!! Or at least I uploaded my recap of BookCon in this month!!! Who even knows anymore because I procrastinate!!
- I acted as if I’d been blogging for a while when I hadn’t!! Wow what a wannabe @ my past self
- Also how did I get up to 70 comments on my past posts. W H A T
- Okay I looked in the comments and it was literally because I commented Hamilton lyrics back and forth with May, wow. GOING FAR TO ACHIEVE THOSE #STATS
- I had so many long comment threads with people??? And now I don’t??? WHY NOT, DO PEOPLE PREFER FETUS JULIANNA.
- Also I made friends with Balie! (Of course I remember this because I linked to her post in my recap.)
- I guest-posted on Lia’s blog this month! Hey hey hey you can look at my cringiness here. WOW I’M JUST LOOKING BACK ON IT RIGHT NOW AND SOME OF MY STRIKETHROUGH FORMATTING DIDN’T WORK AND I’M JUST IMAGINING ALL OF THE READERS WHO DIDN’T GET THE *FULL EXPERIENCE* OF THE HILARITY OF MY POST.
- I also went camping that month! I think I complained about it approximately 358 times because did you know all of the places mosquitoes can bite you?? I didn’t before that camping trip. #StillSaltySixMonthsLater
- I ONLY POSTED SIX TIMES THAT MONTH but you know what IT’S NOT MY ALL-TIME LOW.*
- This is the month where I discovered the fabulousness that is The Epic Crush of Genie Lo damn I loved that book.
- (May and Ilsa fight me)
- I participated in Camp Nano!! I wrote like 2 words total but that’s okay too!! I just worked on my WIP and word warred some people.**
- This is when I changed my profile photo from this:
- MY PICTURE IS WAY TOO GREEN. Green background + green book + slightly green shirt IT’S TOO MUCH. But I’m still afraid of balconies so I’ll keep it for now.
- I met these fabulous people (or became friends with them or closer friends): Swetlana and Marie!!
- My stats went down!!! Which is honestly not surprising because I didn’t post!!
*All… time… low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low
lost won most of my word wars.
- THE MONTH OF MY BIRTHDAY SO OBVIOUSLY IT’S THE BEST.
- Ok I posted five times this month and two of them were review/interviews.
- Apparently I was on an unofficial hiatus because I never announced it but I also never posted.
- I PARTICIPATED IN THE SCRIBBLER’S CHALLENGE WHICH WAS HOSTED BY MAY AND WE BASICALLY SUBMITTED WRITING STUFF. IT WAS FUN.
- Also I “participated” in #ARCAugust and #TheReadingQuest in which I read like one (1) book that would probably count. *finger guns* I am fantastic at reading challenges.
This section is so short why.
- I can’t think of anything I did this month.
- Five posts this month!! AGAIN.
- BUT I READ 12 BOOKS THIS MONTH. Mainly because 1386 books came out and were all shoved in my face so I was like “While these books are here why not read some” and I WAS PRODUCTIVE. (Which never happened again.)
- I had at least 20 anticipated October releases in my recap because I just can’t restrain myself when talking about my anticipateds.
- OH OH I WENT TO B-FEST AND I GOT ZENITH AND TOP TEN. I still haven’t read Zenith but I gave away my copy of Top Ten to my bisexual friend BECAUSE THE REP anddddd I hope she likes it?
- My brother and my mom went away to China and literally all of our dinners that week were frozen pizzas that we bought from Wegmans. SO OBVIOUSLY, IT WAS GREAT.
- That month I remember that I went to the wrong singing lesson group where everyone else was at least in their 40’s. Older people have such a high voice range??/ And I don’t??
- October, also known as the month where a heck ton of books fly at your face because publishers have no restraint, apparently. There are never books published in November and December???
- PSA to publishers: spacing things out exists also ily give me arcs
- Posted six times that month *fist pump*
- October is also the month of spoopiness where everyone else gets their Halloween decorations ready for that one day, and my family doesn’t do anything because NO TRICK-OR-TREATERS COME TO MY HOUSE. EVER.
- Why don’t little kids want to come to my house for free candy??? I’M NICE.
- Wow I’m looking through my October recap and apparently this is the month I started watching Logan Paul and you guys, I have so much regret.
- I went viral on Twitter and apparently I didn’t post the link to my viral tweet and you all were like “WHERE IS THE VIRAL TWEET JULIANNA” so here is the link you guys. Laugh to your heart’s content I’m very funny.
- I literally posted three times this month.*
- I went to the library too many times. I borrowed 20 books and if you guys didn’t know, not returning them… you get fines. Ten cents per day (for me) so each day would be two dollars due if I didn’t return them.
- I got a digital ARC of Children of Blood and Bone and I literally do not remember receiving any email. I looked up Children of Blood and Bone on Netgalley and then I was like “WHAT.”
- NANOWRIMO MONTH, and the official definition is: “The Month Where You Die”
- I wrote 3k words. *takes all the books and scurries away*
*At this point??? Every month I’m literally just complaining about how many times I posted?? BECAUSE I POSTED SO LITTLE TIMES AGGH. Why do people consider me a blogger.
- THE MONTH WHERE I HIATUSED AND RELAXED.
- I decided that I wanted to restart my Instagram (technically I restarted it in January) and it’s so much more prettier and I LOVE MY THEME. (go follow me thanks)
- I had a
Secret Santagift exchange with May, Jackie, and Ilsa! I feel bad because the goodies I gave kind of sucked.
- I STARTED WATCHING TEEN TITANS and this is the most important part of December because I am officially in love with the show and Robin & Starfire is my life.
How was your 2017? Did you actually post consistently or were you like me? DO YOU WATCH TEEN TITANS? Did you participate in any gift exchanges?? DO you have a bookstagram?