I’m sure everyone on this earth has been wondering where I have been and why they’ve been missing my
horrible brilliant posts.
But fear not! Because I am back, and I am extremely ready to start posting regularly. Of course, my reading slump is still thriving as always– but I’ve been reading so many webcomics lately and… it’s gotten to the point where it’s been really hard for me to find new ones. I have read a couple of books though!! (Like, two.)
This recap is mostly going to talk about my life!! Which I talk about a lot!! So you should be ready about me complaining (probably) and screeching (most definitely) and just generally… talking.
WHY I STARTED MY UNOFFICIAL HIATUS
Ah, yes, the unofficial hiatus WHERE I DIDN’T ANNOUNCE IT.
To start from the beginning of my hiatus, I was planning to post my review for A Taxonomy of Love. Which published… in January. (I’m really on top of my reviews right now!!!) (Sarcasm.)
But, as I tried to write it… the words just didn’t come?? And so I put my computer away. Later on, more and more books published that I received copies of from publishers, and I hadn’t even read most of them. So I… just hid away from my blog because of my reading slump that’s preventing me from reading so regularly.
Anyways, I just felt all of this piling stress on top of me as these books kept publishing and so… I just stopped posting.
But!! I’ve decided that I’m now allowed to request any more books until I finish reading all of my physical ARCs with publication dates until May. Hopefully, I’ll get all of it sorted out and then I’ll be able to request more later.
I’m not really worried about my Netgalley though, because I have a ratio of 82% and 80% is recommended… so I think I’m doing good??*
*What even is the standard of “good” for Netgalley ratios, tbh.
LACROSSE (exercise, am I right)
As some people know, I’ve started playing lacrosse! This is basically my first team sport (ping-pong does not count) and… I’m not very good at it.
But I have improved a lot, and I’m really happy to be on a team sport generally! I remember when I didn’t know how to throw, and now?? I still don’t know how to throw but I am slightly better at it.
This counts as progress!!
Lacrosse has made me really busy though, because I have practice almost every day (all except Sunday) so I don’t have as much free time as I used to but I still WORK WITH IT.
MITSUWA (asian food is the best and I will stand by my opinion) (what is american food anyways)
My older sister visited, and she visits pretty frequently already. But this time was important because me and my family went to Mitsuwa and if you didn’t know, Mitsuwa is basically a food court/grocery store where you can buy asian products and also sit down and buy from different stalls/restaurants and eat!!
IT WAS FANTASTIC.
Here are a picture of only some of the food!! (that I stole from my older sister):
There were also a bunch of other dishes and ahhhhhhh I honestly get hungry just from thinking of it.
(The salmon dish in this photo [the center, bottom] was actually MY FAVORITE THING EVER. Although I usually don’t eat raw fish this was so?? good?? I’m pretty sure there was some kind of seasoning inside the rice.)
I LOVED LOVE, SIMON
I got to see an early screening with one of my friends at the time, and… Love, Simon is officially one of my favorite movies ever.
(The early screening was early by like… a week so it really wasn’t that early but it was still cool that I got to see it early!!)
The soundtrack was 10/10 and the actors were 10/10 and just the general movie was 11/10. I loved it. I would completely recommend this movie to anyone and I’m actually planning to rewatch it soon!
OTHER GENERAL THINGS
- I watched Coco and it’s actually fantastic
- The music is MY FAVORITE PART and I keep on having the song “Remember Me” going around in my hEAD.
- but I love the song so it’s not a problem
- I also started watching Kipper the Dog which I used to watch a ton when I was a smol
- It’s a british children’s show and the music is so mesmerizing
- I succumbed to the general populous intrigue and started playing Fortnite
- WHICH IS ACTUALLY KIND OF FUN (does anyone else play??)
- I just die a lot, and I don’t like playing fighter games alone so I always try and find other people to play with haha
- I also found out that they made big adjustments to the live-action Mulan straying from the original Disney Mulan story
- The adjustments are that Mulan, instead of having you know– SKILL– she has this ~mystical~ power that allows her to rise in the ranks
- Also!! Our ICONIC Li Shang is gone, and replaced by someone else who basically hates Mulan until he finds out that he’s a woman
- I’m annoyed because of these changes because it also shows how Disney will literally just change our one Chinese movie instead of I DON’T KNOW, creating a new movie featuring a Chinese cast with powers and a rivalry-turned-romantic-relationship???
- WHY NOT MAKE AN ORIGINAL CHINESE CAST MOVIE INSTEAD OF HAVING IT BE A MULAN 2??
- This expresses certain feelings that I’m not sure of how to articulate out loud of how it’s racism but I feel like it is, alright??
So, during the course of the first week of May I basically marathoned ALL OF THE MARVEL MOVIES. Except for the Incredible Hulk because… a) no Mark Ruffalo & b) No Mark Ruffalo. WHO EVEN IS EDWARD NORTON??
I’ve also watched Avengers: Infinity War and I actually have so many theories about that wow. (IF YOU’VE WATCHED IT PLEASE DISCUSS WITH ME. WITH SPOILER MARKINGS OFC.)
- My favorite movie is probably Thor: Ragnarok because IT’S HILARIOUS AND I LOVE IT. SO MUCH.
- Also Loki???? My FAV character.
- And also Iron Man I love him too my smol son. (Except for the actor, he is against feminism so no.)
- ALSO! ANT-MAN IS PAUL RUDD?? I didn’t even KNOW. I love Paul Rudd, especially in Friends.
^^ actually the most iconic scene in all of Friends.
Just a note!! I want to shout out Kav, one of my friends who runs a Youtube channel!! Their channel honestly needs more attention because it’s really hard to run a smaller Youtube channel when the audience only ever flocks to the bigger Youtubers.
Here’s one of their recent videos!!
Also… I accidentally posted the Writing Tag twice when I DIDN’T MEAN TO. I just scheduled it so I knew that I finished the post but then I FORGOT TO MOVE THE DATE BACK.
I know, I’m really great at this blogging thing.
So how was your time while I was gone? Did anything exciting happen?? How do you feel about the Mulan changes? Have you been to Mitsuwa and do you like eating raw fish?