I love all things aesthetically pleasing.
I like to please my eyes, okay?? Don’t judge me?? Sometimes there are things that are just /that/ aesthetically pleasing that I can just stare at them for DAYS AND DAYS and never get tired and I just??*
Bookstagramming is not for ANYONE, of course! You should feel free not to bookstagram or to bookstagram! It’s completely your choice! But I love bookstagram and here are some reasons I think that you should:
some reasons to create a bookstagram
- Like I said, aesthetically pleasing?? MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER BECAUSE ALL OTHER PARTS OF YOUR LIFE ARE NOT AESTHETICALLY PLEASING.
. . .
- Validation! What’s the point of doing things if they don’t give you validation?? Also I’m pretty sure validation is like the #1 motivation for any human to do anything, so I mean…
. . .
- You can make your captions cool! Personally, I just like to scream 100% of the time in my caption.
. . .
- The community is pretty nice?? Tbh I don’t know how to socialize on Instagram. Usually your comment is either the ONLY comment or ONE comment out of 637 comments.
But anyways! I love bookstagram and there are so many different TYPES OF ACCOUNTS but I’ll show you some of the ones that I’ve noticed. This refers to feed, by the way! Not anything else.
*I wish I could do the same thing with writing blog posts or studying.
THE ONE WITH THE PLAIN BACKGROUND
This feed usually has a simple, white background. The whole theme of this feed is that there is nothing else in the picture besides the book, except maybe one or two flowers randomly.
- Personally, this isn’t my favorite because it’s most likely very easy to take these pictures and there’s like, no effort?? The main things that effort would go to are finding a good plain background (a bedsheet can be used) and having good lighting. And maybe finding different angles?
- But there are definitely some creative ways to work with this theme!
THE ONE THAT’S SUPER CLUTTERED, JUST LIKE ME
This one usually has a HECK TON OF PROPS, and I honestly *tried* to have a bookstagram like this but it didn’t work because I HAVE NO PROPS TO PUT INTO THE PICTURE.
Usually it’s just a book and there are scattered items all around the book.
- This is one of my favorite themes EVER and that’s because there are just SO MANY WAYS TO FREAKING USE THIS THEME and it’s fantastic.
- It’s just that in order to have a cluttered theme, you usually need props- like bookish merchandise and other things and not everyone has those same items! (If you want to make a bookstagram, definitely don’t feel obligated to buy items or props!)
THE ONE THAT SHOWS A BIG PICTURE
I think it’s obvious that I’m not very good at the names???
But also what am I supposed to do?? Come up with new, creative names? I think NOT.
Anyways, this feed usually doesn’t just show books, but maybe a WHOLE ROOM or the WHOLE BOOKSHELF with a book featured in the middle, or maybe the entire galaxy with a few floating books in the middle.
- These are so cool!!
- There’s like,, one that I actually know of
- I LOVE THEIR ACCOUNT AND I THINK IT’S BEAUTIFUL.
THE ONE THAT’S LITERALLY A HECK TON OF BOOKS
Why would you need props when you can literally just throw books everywhere??
This feed is A+ for the broke person who has no props (aka mE) and it usually works well with colorful books!! My old feed used to be like this because I had no props, and tbh the only reason I had a bookstagram was so that I could use the pictures to create my featured images.
- Like I said, I used to have this feed and I lowkey judge myself because my feed was really ugly since I took pictures of the same books.
- IF YOU WANT AN EXAMPLE, HERE IT IS:
- I’M CRINGING ALREADY make it go away
i have no examples oops!
THE OUTDOORS ONE
This one explains itself.
It’s when the bookstagram consists of books… outdoors. I don’t know what else to add?
- Like basically EVERY FEED EVEr I feel like it really depends on how this is used.
- Personally, I would probably still love this one, as long as the outdoors somewhat matches the book cover?
- But also specific books would work with this theme, since not all books are blue or white or green.
(Not all of her content is outdoors but SOME OF THEM ARE and also I couldn’t find any others)
THE ONE THAT’S USUALLY NOT BOOKS
Did you guys know that apparently, most people have a life outside of books?
I mean, I don’t, but apparently these other people do.
Anyways, this feed is a bookstagram… but it’s not a bookstagram because like 60% of it are not book-related pictures.
- I’m pretty sure this is not a theme that people make on purpose, but they just mash their personal Instagram with their Bookstagram and honestly?? THAT’S 100% FINE WITH Me.
examples! (most of these are frens)
Wow self-promotion time // check out my instagram bye I’m actually somewhat… proud of it??
HERE’S A SNIPPET:
What are your favorite Instagram themes? If you have an Instagram, which theme do you use? Are there any themes that I missed? What are your favorite bookish social medias? Do you have a life outside of books and how can I get one??