Let’s first review my “year overview posting etc” and also it starts from February because I’m writing this in January and I don’t know how to make it show other months so let’s pretend January didn’t happen!
You see, I was posting kind of normally during May, June, and July but in August I just…. faded out.
(I posted four times in January, by the way!)
And because I didn’t post, this post is going to be like. half of long as it should have been! < 3 < 3 wow I love my blogging self
- And of course, in my recap, we open up this this amazing line:
- hahaha I’m laughing intensely to mask the disappointment in myself
- I love leaving myself wholesome and fond memories to look back on.
- I changed my bookstagram theme (not the same one as my current one)
- Ooh I made super super subtle sneaks of my coming revamp of the blog.
- Aaaand there is nothing else interesting in that recap; why do you guys read my blog at all (don’t leave tho I appreciate you)
- THIS IS THE MONTH I REVAMPED MY BLOG AND I’M SO HAPPY WITH THE WAY THAT MY BLOG IS NOW AHHHHHH
- I also started reading webtoons/webcomics and I’ve stopped marking them on Goodreads and rip my Goodreads challenge because now I just spend time on webtoons and not books
- Hey!!! Look at this super eloquent review of one of the webtoons!
- Wow. I was truly such a talented reviewer. I just :’) I’m so proud of myself
- Apparently I left my house 5x to get Chipotle, and I never get Chipotle anymore so clearly my life has downgraded this is preposterous
- Also Lunar New Year happened! the only time I get money *smiles fondly*
MARCH – APRIL
- Ooh I started playing lacrosse in this time span, which I’m planning to continue next year.
- I went to eat at an Asian grocery/food court which was 11/10. would recommend. I FREAKING LOVE THE POKE BOWLS THERE
- I…. started playing Fortnite…
- TO BE FAIR, I actually played it like five times total because it would always lag so
- (I actually did like it! But now everyone hates it and I feel kind of bad)
- I watched Love, Simon which is clearly a huge and important milestone because IT’S AMAZING AND YOU ALL SHOULD WATCH IT
- I started watching Kipper the Dog (a British children’s show) (I’m not even British lol) again and honestly?? I should go back to that hobby again. Watching children’s shows is so calming and wholesome.
- Literally nothing happens in an episode except maybe Kipper loses a sock or they go to a hidden world in the sky or they find a cursed flashlight that will give them what they wish for. Wholesome :’)
- I started using my new profile picture (the one I have currently) and I am still pretty proud of it :’)
- Although I feel like it’s too extra because my hair does not normally part that way… I am truly sorry for deceiving you all
- I said that I was feeling more productive but tbh after that month my productivity just Left Me
- AND I SAID THAT I EXERCISED A LOT but let’s be real I probably just went running like one time and was really proud of myself. I DON’T REMEMBER EXERCISING AT ALL IN MAY LOL
- I went to BookCon and literally got so many books what the heck
- I am still in awe of myself. I am a god. wow I am amazing and skilled
- (I still haven’t read like. any of them tho)
- (also it was really my sisters who did like 60% of the work retrieving books)
- And one of the books I got from BookCon was Escaping From Houdini which I thought could be read separate from the first two books so uhhhhhh
- I MADE A FREAKING 2017 GOODREADS YOUNG ADULT SURVEY* THAT TOOK ME OVER THREE HOURS and I got three responses so
- clearly the payoff of that was manifold. 16/10 don’t regret at all
- the trailer for To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before released and in hindsight I didn’t like that movie so #awkward (I’m sorry)
- Me and my sister read some books together (just one)** which was wholesome
- I tried to kill a bug with a water gun in my bathroom which didn’t actully do anything but at least the water made it swoosh down the wall so clearly I’m a pro
*You can make me feel better by taking the questionnaire/survey now
**When I tried reading another book (The Epic Crush of Genie Lo) with her she was forcing me to read it out loud to her?? Because apparently she doesn’t have the energy to read.
- My tbr for the next month was this:
- As it turned out, I only read one of those books.
- Me and May were planning on hosting a reading challenge featuring IPOC and we… still haven’t figured that out yet. But I’m hoping that we can host it soon!
- I finished Brooklyn Nine-Nine this month, one of the funniest and most amazing shows ever :’) my heart
- I JUST REMEMBERED THAT I WAS GOING TO DO A HOLIDAY RECAP BUT MAYBE THAT’S NOT ENOUGH WORDS FOR ONE WHOLE POST SO I’LL JUST PUT IT HERE.
- Anyways, I had a Secret Santa gift exchange with May, Ilsa, and Jackie and Jackie and I were each other’s Secret Santas! Jackie gave me a hardback of A Thousand Beginnings and Endings and the new paperback of Ruin and Rising which I’m so so excited for!! I got Jackie a paperback of Roomies (by Lauren _____ whatever the name is) and a hardback of Final Draft! Pics will probably come later! On Instagram!
- A lot more happened, but I posted my recent hiatus recap so recently it’s probably redundant now?
How was your 2018? Did you post often/consistently? Did you watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine? Do you like Chipotle (if you have one near you)? What did you get for holidays, if you celebrated?